Thursday, July 24, 2008

zzzzzz...

Charli slept all night last night, from 8pm to 7am. Hooray!

Charli has been pulling herself up on everything she can reach, and she's pretty good at it. Brian likes to make her a nest of pillows covered by a blanket on the couch, and she just rolls around in there and climbs and pulls herself up on every side, and has a great time. She's more mobile all the time, doing more crawling and less worming now. We got some stairwell gates as a gift after she was born, and I took them out, only to find that they 1) mount directly to the wall, so you have to drill holes for them, and 2) do not mount directly to our walls, because you are supposed to mount them between 2" and 3" from the floor, but not on the baseboards, and our baseboards are about 6" tall. So I think we will have to find some wood pieces to put between the top part of the gate and the wall so that we can mount the bottom part against the baseboard, and we have to get some longer screws. What a pain.

Actually, Charli slept almost all night 2 nights ago, too. She got up around 5, and I fed her a bottle and put her back down again around 5:15 or 5:30. She got up again around 6:15, and I'm not sure if she really went back to bed in between. LOVE the new nursery - I got up, took the baby out of the crib, and we went and sat in her play area, where she proceeded to pretty much play by herself for about an hour, while I sat on the floor with her and watched and dozed. It wasn't as good as sleeping, but it was better than lying in our bed with her pounding on my face. :)

No comments: