As you saw from the previous day's video, Charli is standing up more and more, and she really tries it on her own. She really wants to walk around, too - you can practically hear what's going through her head: "No, I don't want you to pick me up, just give me your finger. And now give me your other finger, and hold still while I stand up. Now walk me this way. Come on! (pause, look around) OK, now over this way! (pause, look around again) There's nothing over here. Let's go over to the stairs!" Etc. etc.Previously Charli loved when someone else played peekaboo with her. Now, she likes to play peekaboo with you!
I don't have pictures or video for anything else. :( You'll just have to settle for text.
Charli has gotten a lot more verbal in the past few days, using more consonants and vowels in a string than she used to. She sounds a lot more conversational than she used to. Now she can make baby sounds, like 'goo goo ga ga'! She can also say 'uh oh' very clearly, althought she still has no idea what it means.
Charli has really been working on her containment. Now she knocks down the towers we build, and then starts to put away the blocks we used to build them! She really likes to put things away. She also figured out that the white disk thing on the floor was the lid for the block canister, and proceeded to try to close it. Along those lines, Charli is just getting better at imitating and figuring things out. She figured out how to make the annoying bunny dance by pressing its hand, and then proceeded to try to press another toy's hand to see if it did anything. She also understood how to make the, uh, jack-in-the-truck pop up after Brian showed her a couple of times.
Charli's manual dexterity overall is definitely improving. She tries to put things on her head. She tries to use a spoon. She waves a lot, and means it.
This is all I have time for now, I really have to go to bed. Good night!
3 comments:
How exciting to see Charli standing up! She has grown so much in just one week! Thanks for the updates. The peek-a-boo video is a hoot! Mele Kalikimaka to all the Lawler's! I'm so glad to see everyone is having such a good time! And Charli is just the happiest and best baby ever!
It was a wonderful visit! We are still talking about all the fun it was to have everyone here, and how well all the BIG cousins got along with Charli.
I kind of miss seeing her at the counter in the morning eating breakfast, but I am dealing with it.
We are looking to our mid January visit. AND.... Merry Christmas to all the Yangs. Enjoy your time together. It is a great gift!
Love seeing the picture of all. Took me a couple of looks to figure out which were Kelly kids they sure have grown us]p. It's hard to believe Katy is 17. I really enjoy reading about Charli and watching her growing up. She's a beauty. Love to each and every one for Uncle Junior and Aunt Nancy.
Post a Comment