Friday, December 5, 2014

Glide holiday gala


Nina sings in the Glide choir, so last night we went to their holiday gala to see her. We had to buy Charli a fancy dress - she liked the size 14, so we had to make some adjustments, but we got it for $10, so that was OK. We had a really fun time, and they served all kinds of food and drink, and Rita Moreno and Joan Baez were guest stars. Paula West did a couple of songs; I'd never heard of her, but I loved her first song. I have to go find it somewhere and download it. Also, Chinaka Hodge (another person I'd never heard of) did a fantastic spoken word piece. 


Overall, it was a highly successful evening, and we didn't get home until midnight! Who'd have thought my latest night out in the last 7 years would have been with my 7 year old daughter and her nanny? Go figure!

1 comment:

hilopatty said...

looks like a really fun mommy and daughter night ;)