Sunday, August 24, 2008

jumbotron

Who's that crossing home plate?

Today Brian ran his first 5k in how many years? I don't know. We participated in the Plate to Plate 5k (I walked with Charli), and it was fun. Brian particularly wanted to do this run because you get to go into PacBell Park and run across home plate as part of the course. That's why we're up there on the jumbotron. :)

Brian ran it in some 26 odd minutes or so, I think he said. I cheated - Charli got grouchy a little less than halfway in, and it was an out and back, so I cut off the end. I stopped off to feed her (she didn't eat very well before we left) and turn the stroller seat around and try and figure out some other stuff to make her happy (only slightly effective), and by the time I was done, everyone (including the police officer at the end) had gone by in the one direction, so I just turned around and went back the other way.

If you were one of the first 3000 registrants, you got free tickets to the baseball game today, so we took in a couple of innings. Free seats are in the nosebleed section - here we are one row from the top of the stadium (we were supposed to be TWO rows from the top, but someone was sitting in our seats), but we sure had a great view of the field. We could see everything. Charli was having an ok time for the first few innings, especially while I was feeding her ice cream, but then she got fussy and we headed home.

Yesterday we checked out the kids' playground at Golden Gate Park. Charli had a pretty good time, and Brian was mightily impressed. They had all kinds of things he wanted to play on, but we didn't bring the right equipment (like cardboard boxes to go down the giant concrete slides at one end). He was able to try out one of those spinny cup things, though!

Yesterday we also received a box from Mom with lots of cute pajamas in it and a couple of toys. Thanks so much! One toy I wasn't sure I was going to give to Charli, because I so dislike Barney. I am especially annoyed by that "I love you, you love me" song, and this toy plays that song. Ugh! Fortunately, it doesn't actually play the song, it just plays the tune - and without the words, it's the knick knack paddywhack song! That's just fine. So I gave it to her, and she is definitely interested, and will doubtless master button pressing in short order.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

Looks like a great weekend! I especially enjoyed Brian and Charli sitting up there in the nosebleed section looking slightly forlorn. I was looking for Bob Euchre. Was he there?

Anonymous said...

Brian, your legs are looking quite muscular...I will call you Buff! Can't wait to see you guys in Memphis!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Brian!--26 mins. Yay Korin! -- especially the idea of just turning around: you should get extra-credit for Charli! Yay Charli! -- her first official long-distance ride (even if she didn't have a number).