Saturday, August 23, 2008

O M G

Yesterday I went to see Daisy for lunch. She has been laid up - last Saturday she was road biking, and she wiped out going really fast around a curve, and... broke her collarbone. She also scraped and bruised herself up all along her elbow and hip, but the collarbone is definitely keeping her out of action for the next 6 weeks or so. We hope you feel better soon, Daisy! *sniff*

I was going to go over on Sunday to help her out, but then she didn't need me, so I didn't make it over until yesterday for lunch. So it wasn't until almost a week after the accident that we were able to take pictures of her injuries (if you're wondering why in the world I would want to take pictures of her injuries, blame my dad). Now that I think of it, I didn't even get a full on sling + bruise + frown picture - when I saw the bruise on her hip, that was all we could think of to get a picture of. It is the giantest bruise I ever saw, here for your perusal.

Sam, you remember when you wiped out on the bike and we went to the emergency room and you didn't want to clean all the gravel out of the scrapes on your palms, and then we saw Daisy's scrapes from her wipeout and you screamed? Doesn't this make that look like nothing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an owie! And, what a drag to be in a sling for 6-wks! Take good care of Daisy. If it's Daisy's left-collarbone that broke, maybe that's better than if it were her right- (if she's right-handed). You oughta take a pix of Daisy's sling, too; and, her frown. That way, in a few months, you can give her a photo-triptych that she can hang next to her bicycle (to remind her to take turns a little more slowly). ray

korin said...

Wow, Dad, that is a totally brilliant idea! I was going to send Daisy a link to this blog post, but now I'm not going to because then she might see your awesome idea before I can get the pictures all ready!

Anonymous said...

eeewwwwww. she looks like a rotten steak.

Anonymous said...

YIKES!!!
That is the biggest baddest bruise that I have ever seen! I bet that really hurts. Daisy, I my wish for you is a speedy recovery and really good drugs!!!