Saturday, November 8, 2008

charli bit me!

and it REALLY hurt! I mean it! It really hurt! I guess she was biting my sweater, and she bit me too, and now I have teeth marks on my shoulder! Man was I ticked.

Charli has learned a new thing - shrieking. I am trying to unlearn it from her by turning away every time she does it. I have just started this behavior modification attempt, and so far it isn't working, but I'm sticking to it anyway. At least that means I don't have to look at her while she's doing it. Argh! It makes me want to shriek too!

Charli has also learned another new thing - this one good - but I'm not going to tell you what it is until I have some video of it (especially Donna and Jerry and Kelly)! Ha! How's that for blogging? I'm just stringing you all along... In the meantime, you can watch this video instead:



Today Brian and I made brunch for Jason and Tracey (and ourselves, of course), and it was highly successful. Even Charli liked it! Kim and Brent will be pleased to know that their Saveur breakfast issue has at least one good recipe in it. We had zucchini custard with greens, grain and nut pancakes and bacon, and orange/mango mimosas. It was yummy! And we made it all! If only all of you could have been there, too - I'm sure you would have been very proud of us (and impressed).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!-teasers in the blogs! No fair. But anyway, thanks for the latest in the "Life of Charli". We greatly enjoyed it. I ordered a couple of birthday gifts for almost one year old Charli- so we are preparing for the St. Louis portion of the big celebration. All is well here- but it has gotten cold and windy. It has been good fireplace weather which makes the resident pyromaniac (Jerry) very happy. Fortunately, he has not set the chimney on fire lately. Take care-talk to you soon. Mambaw

Jerry said...

Pyromaniic my patutty butt, but I do like a good fire. I guess that little thing with the chimney and the fire department will stalk me for the rest of my days.

I thought the new Charli thing might be walking, but then why would that be for Donna, Kelly and me and not others? So I forgot about that.

Then I thought beer drinking, but we have already seen that. Its gotta be sippin jack!! But Donna never does that. No idea... but I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

So, just how long are you going to keep us hanging?

korin said...

it's terribly embarrassing, actually. she did something and i just assumed she would keep doing it, but she's never done it again. i keep videoing, and she keeps not doing it... i'm very disappointed (and i'm sure everyone else is too, and you don't even know why. i might just have to TELL you. what a let down that would be).