Wednesday, April 15, 2009

sick

Charli was so sick yesterday. She had a really high temperature, and was so subdued, like we've never seen her before. When she woke up, she was fine, but she started getting a little fussy and tired by around 9. By the time the rest of us were having our breakfast, she was rubbing her eyes and pretty warm, and after breakfast she actually passed out on the couch with Brian. So unusual! She slept about 45 minutes, and when she woke up she didn't want to do anything except be carried or sit on someone's lap or lie around. She was very calm, but of course I was increasingly frantic - fortunately the parentals were around so I could say things like "Should I be freaking out?" and they would say "No, she's fine". I restrained myself so well that I only asked Brian ONCE to look up baby fevers and what can cause them on the internet. :)

Charli's fever stayed very high all day long, and then broke right around 5:30, when she actually laughed at something. About 1/2 hour after that she started walking around, and by 8pm she was just about back to her normal cheerful self - still slightly fevered, but way down from her previous temperature.

This morning she woke up with no fever and happy as a clam. Hooray!

In side news, Brian actually went back to SF yesterday (after he looked up baby fevers for me). I was going to go home yesterday, too, but decided to extend my stay through the weekend, since I can work from here, too. Mom was pretty pleased about that. :)

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Charli looks so sad all sprawled on the couch. It was great news to hear about the full recovery.

korin said...

*sniff* I know! She looks so pathetic! It would have been a good day to travel, though...