Saturday, May 10, 2008

*pbbbbt*

Yesterday as soon as she woke up, Charli started to sit around with her tongue hanging out. She did it all day yesterday, and continued on today. It's hilarious! We thought maybe she could feel her teeth coming in or something, but I don't feel or see anything there. Whatever - it makes for some great pictures! :)

Charli and I had a lovely day together, while I was supposed to be working. Brian stayed home as late as he could to give me some time in the morning, but he had a presentation to give so he had to leave before 10. Charli was then really good for a while and I got a little bit of work done, but then she decided she wanted to go out, so we went to the park and swung for a long time. Then she came home and ate and fussed and resisted sleeping and screamed and ate and finally took a 2 hour nap, which allowed me to get some more work done. Our friend Alexis was going to help me take care of Charli in the afternoon, but our schedules kept not quite matching up (or more accurately, our kids' schedules didn't quite match up), so we didn't manage to get together until almost 4, at which point I just knocked off work early. It was Friday afternoon! No one works until 5 on a Friday afternoon.

Alexis brought over some homemade carrots, lentils, peas and mango for Charli. We tried the peas for lunch today, but it was not very successful. She ate about half of them, didn't seem to like them so much, and then had the biggest barf ever. Peas everywhere; I don't think she kept any of them down. I guess she REALLY doesn't like them. :( She had some peas before at Nina's house; I'll have to ask her if she remembers whether or not Charli liked them when she gets back.

Also from yesterday: this is not a picture of it, but it's close - a few minutes before we took this picture, Charli actually got up on her hands and knees for a second. She had to push her feet against the pillow to get up there, but it was a definite advance from her previous efforts of lifting up her torso but not bending anywhere. *sigh* Soon she will be crawling... It seems so exciting from this side, but I'm sure after she starts, we're going to wish she hadn't.

Here are some pics of us hanging out at Dolores Park (thanks for the picnic blanket, Grandma!). Brian and I were having a lovely time at home, as we are perfectly capable of doing all day long, but Charli got bored, so we had to find somewhere else to have a lovely time. We went to the park in the morning, and in the afternoon we hung out on the deck, which is definintely at it's best in spring. We can sit in the shade of the wisteria if we position the blanket carefully, and our roses and irises and clematis and heuchera and honeysuckle and pansies and lemon tree (and weeds) are all blooming, and everything is green and lovely. Charli likes it! Now if we can just figure out how to get some grass out there...

1 comment:

Jerry said...

The more I see Charli and her antics, the more excited I get about our upcoming visit. By then, she should be crawling all over the place; what progress. AND... I love the jeans. Maybe you and Brian should get some cute new jeans too so you can get a little attention during the visit.