Thursday, May 8, 2008

so long, so long

since I made a blog post... and it's only getting worse.

Well, let's see, what's been going on? I didn't get a chance to say much about it before, but our visit with Uncle Vern and cousins Stace and Cec and new cousin-in-law Ryan (actually he and Stacy just had their first anniversary) was great. I didn't see as much of them as I might have liked, due to the fact that they are early to rise and early to bed and active active active, and well, I am not... They spent each day out adventuring from o'early thirty, and I, well, didn't... :) But we had a great time in the evenings and at various meals, and we all went to the giant park together.

Charli is getting ready to crawl, but isn't there yet. She can lift her whole upper body off the ground, but she does it like a push-up from her knees - she hasn't quite got the idea of bending herself at the hips. She took a pacifier for the first time around a week ago, although she still doesn't need it for the most part. She also chews on all parts of it indiscriminately; she doesn't just suck on the nipple part. She's so good with her hands now, it's amazing. She reaches for things, picks things up, transfers from hand to hand, knows what she wants... It's really exciting. We just found out today that she loves carrots, contrary to what Brian and I were expecting. She also likes bananas, but not as much as she apparently likes carrots... Bananas are a lot less messy, though. Last week, I let Brian cut Charli's fingernails (let, told, whatever) and you can see what happened. I think he's trying to get out of doing it again.

We are in the midst of our first nanny crisis. Maria is going on vacation, which we knew about well in advance. Nina was going to take Charli full time for the 2 weeks Maria was gone (or almost full time), but was called away unexpectedly for a family emergency in Germany. Oh no! We hope her mother recovers quickly. In the meantime, Brian and I are spending more time with Charli, and it's really nice. But not so conducive to work...

Here's something that makes Charli smile:



I have updated the website so that the album pictures have links to larger size pictures which can be used for printing (only from month 5 on). There's some weird things with the Picasa exports, though, so occasionally the links don't work. If you find one that doesn't work, please let me know - I'll fix it! I really will! We got a UPS, so theoretically the site should go down a lot less now.

I also added a few more pictures to the month 5 album. They are very important! See them here! And I started a month 6 album, too. Can you believe Charli is almost 6 months?

I really have to go to bed now. Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't tell you how much we enjoyed the news from SF!! Except for her Daddy's lack of manicuring skills, it sound like all is going. very well. Things continue to progress well here with Jerry's recovery. I will let him give you all the details when he gets the chance later. It is a steady stream of therapy sessions and other appointments, but the results are positive and that is what matters. He is working a few hours every day and that has been a very good thing for him. Bye for now--take care. Happy First Mother's Day, Korin!!! Mambaw Lawler

Jerry said...

Brian did the race car very well. I see it tickles Charli like everyone else. The new pictures are great too! We always like to get them.

Like Donna said I am back at work a few hours a day. The big news is I gave myself permission to drive around town. I have to wait until I get a driving test at the therapy hospital before I can get on the open road. I feel like a teenager who is just starting to drive. It still looks good for June.