Thursday, May 29, 2008

rockin' out

She's so close...



but not quite...



Even so, Charli is much more mobile than she used to be. She can roll over and over to get around, and she can push herself in small increments and rotate in any direction, so that if you look away for a while, she will definitely be somewhere else when you look back. She can get off the rug and onto the hardwood floor, and then it's really easy for her to propel herself, mostly backwards, into the stools or the bookshelves and get stuck.

I also left Charli sitting up on the wood floor for a moment, and of course she chose that moment to roll herself backwards and hit her head, rather than the previous 15 minutes when I was sitting behind her. I felt bad (it was way worse than when Sam dropped her), but then again, she'd probably better get used to it...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO Charli!! Aren't babies amazing? It almost looked as though she was moving to the beat of the music didn't it? But SOON she is going to take off, and then you all are on the move constantly too.
Forgot tell you-last weekend was graduation weekend here. We went to Peter's on Friday evening and to John's "eighth grade transition" on Saturday afternoon. WOW!! where does the time go?? It was a good weekend.
Thanks for all the recent blogs--they have been wonderful. Hugs to all from Mambaw.

atet said...

Um, I won't mention to you that the day mine learned how to actually crawl was also the day she figured out how to go up the stairs...just to add a new little wrinkle :0).

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Korin, Charli is so adorable! Congratualtions!

(E-mail me some time if you feel like it: seyates2865@msn.com)

korin said...

O my gosh, that's right! Peter graduated! Congratulations, Peter! How did it go? Time really does fly...

And Anj, thanks for that lovely bit of info. We plan to tether Charli to the coffee table, actually - we'll probably give her about, oh, 5 feet maybe? Just kidding! But fortunately, we do have gates for the stairs already.

Anonymous said...

um, in response to the "Sam dropping Charli" jab, need i remind you that Brian said my child rearing skills put Korin's to shame after just a week? So I had a rough start...! I'm gonna have to ask Mom about all of the Korin dropping Kim and Sam stories, or maybe the Korin dropping Mom's priceless antique vase...

korin said...

*distracted because I'm looking for something large and heavy, like a frying pan* Brian said What?

And I'll have you know, that "priceless antique vase" was neither priceless nor antique, but it WAS ugly, and Dad might not admit it, but he knows that in his heart he was relieved when I destroyed it.