

Today Brian's office sponsored some kind of computer recycling dropoff thing - "e-waste", they called it. Well, did we take advantage of that! I don't know if you can tell what everything is, but in the car we have 5 CPUs and some keyboards in the trunk, a monitor in the passenger seat, and another monitor, a printer, and miscellaneous peripherals in the back seat. O, and a baby. Then Charli had her first visit to Dad's office, which is a lot nicer than Mom's office... Well, at least I think so. My office has actually moved since I went on maternity leave, and I've never seen the new one.

After that, I met up with Steph and Zac again for lunch and a walk in Golden Gate Park. We went to the tower in the de Young museum, which has a lovely view of the surrounding city. And it's free (you don't have to go through the museum to get there)! Steph says they have a family night on certain Fridays, with music and kid projects and stuff; we will have to check it out sometime.


We also went to the duck pond, where Charli does what she usually does at duck ponds - sleep. I was awake, though, and having fun. Steph was prepared for feeding the "wild"life: she brought bread and peanuts, and she gave me some. Show a little corner of bread, and the seagulls start divebombing you. They'll catch pieces of bread mid-air. About 2 feet from your face. And the squirrels aren't very shy, either...
3 comments:
WOW!!! I need an "e-waste" drop off thing! I bet I could fill the Suburban with all the computer junk we have here.
As for the wild life, if there are 2 of God's creatures that I really don't care for, it is seagulls and squirrels! The birds are nasty and annoying...but your photo was good. Squirrels are just stupid, and I can't believe you let it climb up your leg! That would totally freak me out...but another good picture!
Speaking of good pictures, it seems it will be a while until I am taking any...my camera FELL OFF a table at work and it is BUSTED. (And it was one of those short little pre-school tables--I thought it had a chance, but no.) I went immediately to the camera shop. It would be 6-8 weeks and $200-$300 to send away to Nikon for repairs, somewhere in the $200+ range to purchase the same model on e-bay, $400 to purchase a new one with similiar (or better) features. Today I will do some research and make a decision. I really liked that camera...
Looks like a great day. You dumped some junk at Dad's office, then lunch with friends in a great location. Then birds, leg climbing squirrels.... great day. Was Charli there?
uh, who?
Post a Comment