When Charli is awake and rolled over, and before she gets upset about being stuck on her tummy, she works on crawling. She can get her knees up under herself, but until she can get her face off the ground too, I guess it's going to be pretty uncomfortable. :) Her muscles seem to be developing really quickly all of a sudden - all of them except the muscle that keeps all the milk in her stomach, instead of all over the blanket (and me, and the couch, and the floor...).
Also, here's a picture of the mother's group I've been going to. Attendance was low today, because there was also a free movie going on somewhere. Usually there are 6 - 8 babies/moms there, but we had a very quiet group today.Yesterday we had a lovely webcam session with Grandpa and Mambaw Lawler, and the new laptop is working great. The sound and picture were the best we've had! They got a great view of Charli throwing up all over me. Blech.
p.s. I have posted more pictures of Charli on the website.
3 comments:
My kids all slept on their stomachs because we were told by our pediatrician to put them on their stomachs...they eventually changed their minds about that practice as well. (I worked in a hospital's child care center in the infant room, and we put them on their tummies, or on their sides, with blankets rolled up like bolsters to keep them on their sides. We had 8 babies in the room...it was lots of fun, like a playdate for them everyday! 8 little cribs in the nap room...can you imagine?) Don't worry. I don't think she is going to die of SIDS.
Hopefully it will be a couple of months until she actually starts crawling, but it is cute when they are trying to figure it out. Soon she will get up on all fours and rock. Anyway...enjoy these days while you can, when you can leave her on the floor and be pretty sure that when you come back, she will be in the same place...maybe on her tummy and pissed off about it, but not crawling away to explore all the things she is not supposed to be exploring. This will NEVER AGAIN happen in your lifetime!
Sorry about the throwing up muscles...that is a bummer. You wonder if food wil make it better or worse. I guess we will have to wait and see. Until then, keep plenty of those burp cloths handy!
Thanks for all the pictures...I now have a new background. ("clean and really happy")
I went with "clean and happy" for my desktop. I was torn between the two (and actually several others).
We really liked the webcam visit too. The highlight: a live roll over. We got to join in the cheering for Charli to make it.
And thank you Korin for holding Charli over you head and making her laugh for us. Even though it cost you some puke in the mouth, it was still so cute.
Thank you for the blog too, and keeping us all current on the progres.
Well, the pictures and blog of Charli was just too much for us to handle. Ray headed out at noon today in the Tiger...in spite of the threat of 10-14 inches of snow on I-70. He headed north to Wyoming and I-80 instead. He needed the drive he said. I'll be heading out via plane next Thursday morning...Sam will drive me to the airport at 4 am. All this for little Charli.
At 3 months I was feeding you (Korin) and your sisters cereal and applesauce already. Could that be why Sam was a baby Buddha? A cute one for sure! Just be aware it completely changes the smell and consistency of the now sweet smelling POOP!
I love the blog and you and Brian are such wonderful parents. Keep up the great job! See you soon! gma
Post a Comment