Well, Charli has definitely mastered the rolling over - it's like ringing a bell! Only one direction (but she's close on the other side too), and only from the back to the front, but there it is.
She also likes apples quite a lot. I've been letting her lick various things - she wasn't very keen on the banana, but she liked the strawberry. She wasn't very keen on the tomato, or the chicken apple sausage, or the olive. She really didn't like the coffee, or the plain (unsweetened) yogurt. Her favorite is definitely apples - she grabbed my hand the last time I was sharing one with her and tried to stuff it into her mouth, and today she cried whenever Brian would take his away so he could have a bite. :)I've been reading about this infant potty training thing online, in which they tell you that you can start potty training your baby very very early, if you have the dedication. I don't, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. Unfortunately, I think we missed our best window, and it's clear that I DON'T have the dedication, but I did manage to get her to pee twice in the potty. It was very exciting. I missed the poop every time, though. :(
7 comments:
Charli seems pretty pleased with herself for rolling over. She is so cute, and she is growing so quickly. Now that she is on the fruit, she will probably grow even faster. Heck she will probably be a dedicated sampler at the Farmer's Market in no time.
We all love seeing Charli as she and her parents progress. It is often a topic of family conversation. She is dominating us from afar... and we love it.
Good luck with the potty training, but just remember, you can't trust everything you read on the Internet.
That baby is cute, cute, cute!!! I cannot wait to see her again. You know even when our kids were infants I would read about that early potty training stuff-- I finally figured out that it was the parent who was being trained, not the baby. You spend your day trying to get them on the pot at the right time. When they are ready, they are ready--but of course that is probably an outdated opinion but this concept of child readiness has a lot of weight in my mind. Just relax and enjoy as you are doing.
I tell, it is not going to be long before that little Charli is going to be all over the place on you--now the fun starts!! Take care. Mambaw
hooray for the rolling! I'm stoked that she's down with the apples, maybe she'll turn out to be a tomato-hater like me!
YAY...congratulations on the rolling over bit! Katy used rolling in lieu of crawling for a while...much faster to get across a room that way. My kids all loved being on their tummies, so they rolled from tummy to back before they went the other way. (Actually, that seems much easier, given that their heads were far too big for their bodies...lift that gi-normous head up high enough, it weighs so much that you can't hardly keep it up, you lose your "balance", the weight pulls you down and flips you over aumatically, whether you wanted to roll over or not!)
And I can't believe she didn't like the banana...who doesn't like bananas??
It is also amazing how opinions change over the years...we were trying to stuff rice cereal into our kids with spoons at this age...most of which they dribbled down the front of themselves or spit back at us! Go figure...I am sure it tasted like cardboard, unless we added something yummy like fruit or juice. They did sleep for a long time though...not sure if there is a corrolation there or not.
We are looking forward to Spring Break...leaving for Gulf Shores, AL on 3/22 for a week. Easter on the beach! Hopefully the Easter Bunny will find us there.
And I can't wait until April to come see you guys...some warm weather, relaxation and LOTS of baby-time. I will be SOOO ready for a long weekend! (after chairing the HR dinner-auction on April 12th...ARGH!)
Note: I didn't say a WORD about the infant toilet training. I do spend a lot of time with little people who are still honing this skill!!
Wow, have a great time on spring break! Will your camera be fixed by then? *sniff*
Oh, I don't want to talk about the camera. :-(
Post a Comment