Saturday, March 1, 2008

Wine tasting!

We figured that we should get Charli started early on wine tasting, so
we took off for Napa Valley today to give her a taste of the good
life. As you can see in the picture, she appears to have enjoyed it
quite a bit. The funny thing was that she actually would stick her
nose down into the glass when it was offered to her.

Today we only visited two wineries: Artesa and Domaine Carneros.
Artesa is a gorgeous place, way off the beaten path (in fact, we have
had problems in the past even finding it). We took a very brief tour
of the winery, which is built into a hill, and we sampled four of
their wines. Charli was good the entire time.

Then we moved on to Domaine Carneros where tried champaign and had
some cheese. At this point, Charli was getting a little bit tired so
we wrapped up there and headed back home. We did make one stop along
the way to pick up (finally!) the glider chair that we actually
purchased -- we have had a less feature-rich loaner since Charli was
born. This one reclines and swivels! How exciting.

Korin will be posting more pictures as they become available.
However, she was a total dope and forgot to bring her camera today
which was unfortunate as it was a beautiful day up there. The mustard
plants are in brilliant yellow bloom this time of year up there.
Maybe we'll need to head up again and get some pictures...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Korin and Charli at the winery! Charli looks sincerely interested doesn't she? That baby gets cuter every time we see her.
You need a handy-dandy GPS system to help you find those hard to find wineries. Now there is NOTHING Jerry cannotfind in the whole world ( I got him a GPS for his birthday, you know.)The only problem is--he will not pay attention to the directions.He argues with it. YOu can't help some people. Thanks for the reports on the latest Charli doings. Mambaw

Jerry said...

Well if the damn thing knew how to get places, I would not have to argue. Next time, I want a man's voice. That would be more reassuring.

Even before I read Donna's comment, I said "Charli gets cuter in every picture." At least we agreed on that.

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome. If you take me to Napa (by the way...I've never been) I will REMEMBER my camemra. I guess is a good thing you have that fancy iPhone. Perhaps she will become a sommelier (sp?)...it seems she has a nose for the bouquet!