Charli is THIS close to rolling over. She can get both her knees down, and push her face into the blanket, but she just can't quite get over her arm... She plays with her hands a lot, and has recently started being interested in her toys. Of course, all she really wants is to stuff everything in her mouth, but I figure she comes by that honestly - Brian and I want to do that, too. On Wednesday for the first time I was able to distract her from crying by waving a toy in her face. :) She can also be distracted with mirrors - she has progressed (?) to the point of thinking that she is adorable, just like the rest of us. When I hold her in front of the mirror, she looks at herself, then she makes cute noises and smiles. Big. Even if she was crying before.Various books and websites told me that Charli would cry less after 3 months, but they lie. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she didn't cry very much in the first 3 months, since she was being held ALL the time. Maybe that was some kind of extenuating circumstance? Now she seems to get bored and frustrated more easily - she may not actually be crying more, but she sure isn't crying less. She's still good at breakfast in the morning, though, and she was really good today at lunch. Dinner is right out, though...
We managed to have a lovely webcam session with my family this evening, so Grandma could experience this hot new technology. We have another new game, called 'a different point of view', which makes her smile pretty reliably - very handy, in case anyone ELSE wants to have a webcam session. :)And last, because I know you will all appreciate it, here is a lovely picture of Charli after Brian rocked her to sleep. *sniff* so sweeeeet....

p.s. I put up lots of pictures on the website here and here. I also, because I couldn't resist, made an album of pictures of Charli looking ugly. I can hardly believe they are of the same child!
2 comments:
I am still workiing on the webcam visit. Technical difficulties, or maybe it is the quality of the technician. We will see.
The picture of Charli after being rocked to sleep is way cute. I see a lot of Korin in that picture.
bwahahaha! Ok ok, I know I'm a little late in checking these, but I added a bunch of mailboxes in my email client and then I couldn't see my RSS feeds... (Lame excuse, I know.) Anyways, I just checked out the Ugli Charli album and I was laughing so hard I was crying! The problem with that album is that while I'm cracking up and looking at it, everybody comes up and says "Whatchya doin'?" And then they think that Charli is the ugliest baby ever. Nobody cares when I say "No really, look at these ones! She's an angel!" They're already gone by that point. Oh well. And for the record, the one where Charli's hair is sticking up and she's on the bean bag chair with the white blanket over it was taken by moi! That's her punk picture.
Post a Comment