Thursday, February 14, 2008

happy valentine's day

We never do anything special for Valentine's day, and this one was no different. I meant to dress Charli up in a fancy dress, because otherwise she might grow too big for it before she ever wears it, but I forgot. And I put her in all kinds of clothes with hearts on them yesterday and the day before, but I forgot that today, too. Valentine's day was completely eclipsed by Lost night anyway. Awesome episode tonight! I had to watch it twice. :)

Today the 4 generations went to Clement Street to wander around. Then in the afternoon we went to get Taipo's hearing aid checked, to see if it could be easily fixed - no such luck. Something is wrong with the electronics, so it has to be sent back to the factory to be repaired. Too bad.

Mom brought Charli a toy frog - it's very cute. Here are some pictures of Charli trying to eat it.

She looks like she can hold things in these pictures, but she can't really - these are just fortunate moments in the midst of a lot of manhandling. Or froghandling, I guess.

6 comments:

Jerry said...

Looks like Charli is definitely entering the eading stage. Fists, frogs, soon everything to the mouth. Glad you are having a good time with the "Four Generations". That is something special.

Anonymous said...

We never do anything special for Valentine's Day either...the restraunts are too crowded, flowers are too expensive. It is crazy. We had Chinese carry-out and watched TV.

Hello to Shirley! Have fun with the 4 generations, and keep the pictures coming. We love them!

I have my reservations made for April...I am excited. It is almost exactly 3 months from our MLK weekend visit. Charli will be almost 5 months at that point. Think how much bigger she will be by then! I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable baby! And I like the frog too. It looks just like the one my mother bought for my son when he was a baby...we ended up having to buy a duplicate because he got so attached that we would have been in big trouble if something had happened to the original. Just something to think about...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful God-sent valentine that you all now have in your midst!

Anonymous said...

Traditionally, I think, it's the frog legs that are eaten. Charli's attacking face and arm of what looks a little like son-of-Kermit: Just another let's-not-waste-time eater?

Jerry said...

This blog entry is four days old, but who's counting?

You know, the nice thing about the world wide web is you can blog from anywhere in the world.