WowOWee. I just got back from lunch with Michelle and Grandma at Pacific Catch, where Charli had a complete meltdown in the bathroom. She was getting just a little bit fussy, so I took her to change her diaper. I put her down on the changing pad, and she started crying. I got her pants off, and she just lost it. She was SCREAMING. LOUD. Her special high pitched scream. Other people came to use the bathroom - they got to listen to us. I picked her up and she calmed down, but she was still not changed and now only half dressed. I put her down, she screamed bloody murder. I picked her up, she didn't stop, so I fed her a little bit. That quieted her down, but again, still not changed and still only half dressed. Finally I put her down and changed her and put her pants back on, even though she was screaming at the top of her lungs. Another lady came in to use the bathroom and, on her way out, asked me if I wanted her to call 911. She was just joking. I think.
Now we are home, and Charli seems to have recovered. She is sitting in her car seat, making noises and looking comfortable. I am stressed.

As I barely got a chance to mention above, Grandma is here now! That would be Taipo (great grandma) to Charli. How exciting! She arrived yesterday from Honolulu, after a flight change and several delays, but everything ended up ok. It was Charli's first experience of an airport terminal, although she's seen the arrivals lanes a few times. We're acclimating her slowly for the plane ride on Sunday.
And on the subject of travel, we hope Jerry and Donna are having a great time in Hilton Head!
3 comments:
Sorry about the meltdown. It happens. Once Pete melted down at Duffy's bar and grill. He was about Charli's age. One of the few times he ever did it. I am sure it will be the same for Charli.
I love the picture of great grandma and Charli. Now she is an official member of the Charli fan club. I think that is great!!
AND... we are enjoying Hilton Head very much. Thanks for your good wishes.
I don't remember Peter melting down at Duffy's...my children would NEVER do such a thing!!! (just kidding!)
I think Charli likes Taipo! (and vice-versa, I'm sure!) I have a feeling there will be LOTS of pictures in the next few days...just a hunch.
LOVE to all!
Hilton Head is outstanding-what can be better than watching the dolphins, gull, sandpipers, etc. while sitting is a big easy chair with a stack of books on the table beside me?? Meltdowns-all mothers have stories. I do remember Peter's that Jerry was mentioning. ALSO Brian had one in a fabric store one time,although he was several months older than Charli. I finally gave up left before we got kicked out. I have no idea what was wrong-just did not like fabric stores, I guess. Have fun with your visit--give our best to your grandma. By the way--adorable hat on adorable baby
Post a Comment