Before Charli crapped on me, we spent a lovely afternoon down in South Bay, attending a surprise baby shower for Manuela, a girl I work with. She's expecting her second baby, a boy, in March. Manuela singlehandedly provided Charli with most of her clothes - hand-me-downs from her daughter, Sophie - as soon as she knew her next baby would not be needing pink dresses with kittens wearing bows, and stuff like that. :) It was the first time a lot of people met Charli, so she got a lot of attention, which she was perfectly comfortable with. She took a nap while we were down there, but after a few hours she got fussy, so we left. I guess we can't really stay places for hours and hours now. Charli just has no stamina.Yesterday (also before Charli took a dump on me), we fed Charli by bottle all day. I wanted to make sure she would not get tired of bottles after a while, for that distant future when we have found a nanny, and we were also curious to know about how much she actually eats in a day. She ate about 6 times, for a total of 22oz. I think she could probably eat more, but we were not quite prepared to find that she can suck down 4oz in about 3 minutes and then scream for more. We will have to be better prepared in order to get her to her proper fat baby status.
Brian also says yesterday was the first time Charli has had a good deep sleep on his chest. I guess this really does mean that everyone else hogs Charli, because I have had several naps with her that way. She's also slept on Mom, Kim, and Sam. I think she slept on my dad, too. Clearly Brian needs to be more assertive. Of course, having her on your chest that way exposes one to the risk of being shat upon...Not too much has been happening other than that. Tomorrow my grandma is coming to visit, so that should be fun. I hope Charli doesn't make a mess on her. Then Wednesday, my mom is coming out again, too. I hope Charli doesn't make a mess on her either. On Sunday, the 4 of us (Grandma, Mom, me, and Charli) are all heading to Colorado - that will be 4 generations in one plane row! Brian will come out to Colorado the following Friday, which means he will be 5 whole days without Charli! What will he do? Will he be able to stand it? Stay tuned to find out! At least there is no such thing as long distance crapping upon!
Did I mention Charli pooped on me?
5 comments:
As I recall, there was a formula for figuring out how much a baby needs to eats in a day, which should appeal to your mathematical brains...as it is an ever changing equation.
2-2.5 oz. of milk per pound
So take her to the farmer's market and find a scale big enough for her. If she weighs 12 pounds, that would be 24-30 oz. a day, divided by the number of feedings (5? 6?) and that is how big the bottle should be. (something like that...)
Of course, the more you feed her, the more likely it is that she will shit on you, so you might want to be careful!!
I always knew you had to cover little boy's dinkers when you changed them. I thought you were safe with little girls. Boy was I wrong!!
I loved the stories about the shower and Charli's nap on Brian (the pictures too), but they pale in comparison to the pooping on mom story, but... no picture??
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\I am sitting here try to work out the proper declinsion(sp?) of the verb shit. I think it is shit- shat- has shitten. How does that sound? My Latin days have faded FAR into the background! Hilto n Head is wonderful. A little cool but sunny. Take care. talk to you soon--Mambaw
Wow!--22 ounces! Isn't that close to a fifth of scotch, I mean milk? I like Kelly's metric--it makes sense. But, boy, that's a lotta stuff.
Re getting shit on: yes, that's a solid-good (or since it's milk, maybe not too solid) parental experience. It's preparation for the future. There'll be other opportunities, so it not so bad that you didn't first run for the camera...
Yeah yeah yeah, so I didn't take a picture... It did occur to me, but not until many hours later. Just to be clear, she didn't poop on me while I was changing her. She did it just while I was holding her. She took a dump, and it shot all out the side of the diaper, ABOVE her leg. I don't know how she did it.
Post a Comment