Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hahaha!

When I woke up this morning, I thought this blog post was going to be about how Charli REALLY slept through last night - she went to bed around 9:30pm, and woke up around 7:30m. 10 hours! Incredible! And she's so adorable when she wakes up - she wasn't even screaming for food! So of course, I had to go get the camera...

But then we went to Mom and Sam's office so everyone there could meet Charli, and then this post was going to be about Charli's first experience being dropped. *GASP* Auntie Sam dropped the baby - BONK! OK, admitted, it was only from about an inch and a half up, and it was only her head because her butt was already on the ground, and it was onto a padded changing pad on carpet, but STILL! Charli was pretty upset about it (Sam is in complete denial - she says Charli was not upset at all until I picked her up, but that is clearly the result of the mental breakdown associated with having been the first person to DROP THE BABY).

BUT! Now this post is about the fact that TODAY CHARLI STARTED LAUGHING! It is so exciting! Grandma and Charli and I were at home and I was bouncing her while she was sitting on my knees, and she laughed - it was this afternoon a little after 5pm. Dad had gone to pick up Mom from work, and Kim and Sam weren't home yet. It was just once, but Grandma completely agrees that it was a laugh. Previously when I bounced her, she would open her mouth really wide and look like she was laughing, but no sounds would come out. So I bounced her a lot more, and she laughed again! Then everyone started coming home, and Mom made her laugh like 4 more times, by swinging Charli on her feet and also by playing the 'try to drool in my mouth' game. It is so great! The foot swinging is particularly effective. I was so sad that Brian wasn't here for it, but as he points out, she'll probably be doing it a lot more, so he won't miss them all...

2 comments:

Jerry said...

The waking Charli picture is so cute. What a doll!!

Now, about the drop. That was, technically, a drop, but I sincerely hope that is the worst drop Charli ever has in her life.

I will be saving up some jokes to tell Charli in June so I can see lots of laughing from her. I just got a couple new ones today at the Hilltop. I might have to clean them up a little though.

Anonymous said...

Boy am I glad that I wasn't the first person to DROP the baby!

Tell Sam not to feel too bad. My brother-in-law Bob did better than that...he tossed 9 month old Katy up in the air, which usually made her squeal with delight, unless of course you toss her into a celing fan---that is turned ON. That made her cry REALLY hard for about an hour! So if you ever find that Kate is a little "off", that could be why. (She also went down a flight of stairs in a walker..bad mom! Peter rolled off of a diaper table before I knew that he could roll...bad mom again. He also fell down a flight of stairs. That one was NOT my fault!) I'm sure John had something dreadful happen to him as well, but he is child #3...I just can't remember what he did. (Poor John!) The good news is that kids are resiliant...good thing too!